Sat, Aug 08|
Hill Country Shooting Sports Center
Urban Carbine Level I
This is an 8 hour block of training focusing on function of the semiautomatic carbine, zeroing, operations in an urban setting and unconventional shooting positions.
Time & Location
Aug 08, 2020, 9:00 AM – 5:00 PM
Hill Country Shooting Sports Center, 1886 Cypress Creek Rd, Kerrville, TX 78028, USA
About the Event
This is an 8 hour block of training focusing on function of the semiautomatic carbine, acquiring an urban zero, equipment setup, sling operation, individual shooter assessment and diagnostic review. Shooters will progress through an established training methodology which guides them through accuracy and speed drills while engaging multiple threats while conducting functional speed reloads, administrative reloads, clearing malfunctions strong hand and support hand only. Shooters will incorporate unconventional shooting positions, tactics, footwork and shooting from behind cover, concealment, vehicles and movement drills.
Each student will need to bring:
- 300 rounds of 55 grain FMJ Full Metal Jacket (no armor piercing ammunition)
- Semi Automatic Carbine
- 3 magazines
- Magazine carrier, chest rig or belt rig
- SLING (is mandatory)
- Data on optics if applicable
- Back up batteries
- Sight adjustment tool if owned
- Quality eye with side shields and ear protection
- Water, electrolytes, snacks and a lunch (We will not leave the range for lunch, we will have a working lunch on the range)
- Chair and overhead cover (If anyone has pop up overhead protection I recommend you bring it)
- Dress appropriately, tee shirts or shirts without collars are recommended, no shorts, bring sunblock and a towel
- Bring your cell phone for video diagnostics and attendees are free to video throughout the course
Participation in training requires exercises and tests of physical agility, physical excursion, rapid heart rate, unconventional shooting positions in which the attendee assumes full responsibility for his/her own safety and improper weapons handling skills.
All attendees MUST sign the Release of Liability Waiver.
Please download, sign and return to: Paracleteconsulting@outlook.com
Urban Carbine Level I
This is an 8 hour block of intense carbine training focusing on safety, function of the weapon, speed, accuracy and tactics.