8 Hour Defensive Pistol Level I (1)
Time & Location
About the Event
This is an 8 hour block of Level I pistol training focusing on safety, function of the semiautomatic handgun, the 7 Fundamentals of Marksmanship with individual shooter assessment and diagnostic review. Shooters will progress through an established training methodology which guides them through equipment setup, acquiring a proper grip, presenting the firearm to the threat and accurately engaging multiple threats while conducting functional speed reloads, administrative reloads, clearing malfunctions strong hand and support hand only. Shooters will incorporate unconventional shooting positions, tactics, footwork and shooting from behind cover, concealment, vehicles and movement drills.
Each student will need to bring:
- 300 rounds of Ball Full Metal Jacket
- Semi-Automatic Pistol
- Quality Kydex Holster designed for your weapon (Belt rig, hip holster, IWB: Inside the Waistband or appendix are fine PROVIDED YOUR HOLSTER DOES NOT COLLAPSE IN YOUR WAISTBAND; these will not be allowed on the range)
- 3 magazines
- Quality magazine pouch for your magazines
- Quality belt to support your gear
- Quality eye with side shields and hearing protection (If you wear RX lenses, you must have side shields or wrap around glasses over your RX lenses)
- Water, electrolytes, beverages (Whatever water you think you will need, please triple it)
- Snacks and a lunch (We will not leave the range for lunch, we will have a working lunch on the range)
- Chair and overhead cover (If anyone has pop up overhead protection I recommend you bring it)
- Dress appropriately, tee shirts or shirts without collars are recommended, no shorts, bring sunblock and a towel
- Bring your cell phone for video diagnostics and attendees are free to video throughout the course
Participation in training requires exercises and tests of physical agility, physical excursion, rapid heart rate, unconventional shooting positions in which the attendee assumes full responsibility for his/her own safety and improper weapons handling skills.
All attendees MUST sign the Release of Liability Waiver.
Please download, sign and return to: Paracleteconsulting@outlook.com
- Defensive Pistol Level I$175$1750$0